The Paragons of Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Paragons. Join us in the heat of battle in the lands of Novus and Azeroth!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2 Empty
PostSubject: Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2   Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 8:22 am

Shortly after my initial escapades on Ether and the Isis adjustment, I decided to try my hand at a Chip War. As level 46ish (I can't remember) Shield Miller, I was probably going to do absolutely squat, but it was still worth a shot.

From the outset, it was obvious that the target was Cora. They had a point to prove to show that they could still win even with the damage back to normal. Everybody else wanted to kick their heads in for obvious reasons.

My first mistake was forgetting to turn my graphics options down. As I rocked up to the Bell Control Chip my lappy was soon feeling the effects of rendering a lot of jetpacks and fancy effects. That was soon sorted though.

My second mistake was having absoluely no idea what to do. The Chip War started and I blindly followed everybody else until I eventually found the battle lines and quite a lot of Cora and Isis. Now, you know in the movie "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" there is a fight scene between rival networks. During this fight scene, Brick runs around screaming with a hand grenade, trying to be useful but ultimately having no idea what to do.

Yep, that was me.

However, in my random running around, I somehow managed to kill a chip guard and get a metal scanner before I was cruelly gunned down by about 10 different summon spells at once. So, I respawned and joined the fight.

This is where it gets odd to say the least. All of a sudden, everybody in the server starts getting randomly disconnected. For some, it's once or twice, but in most cases it got to about 10 during the chip war as the server slowly crumbles under the pressure of...something. I eventually give up, having no jetpack to get back to the fight, I go outside and buff/debuff myself to get my buff skills to GM before we win the chip war (barely) and I head back to the core to mine for a while.

All in all, my first Chip War turns out to be one of the stranger ones. I do eventually take part in a later one where Bells wipe the floor with Accretio which turned out to be a bit more fun (and also blindingly obvious I'm still utterly useless at the moment).

My big highlight though, is the fact that my second jetpack worked. Which is good.
Back to top Go down
Arngrim
Admin
Admin
Arngrim

Character sheet
The Paragons RPG:
Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2   Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2 EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 9:08 am

great story, hope you have some more for us in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://theparagons.forumaction.net

Of CW and DC - Battle Report 2
Page 1 of 1